Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Miso in love

I have walked past Miso several times in the past and liked its clean and simple interior. One day, the hubby and I decided to dine there and try their famous tonkatsu!

Went at an early time of around 6pm and noticed that the restaurant filled up rather quickly. The hubby and I ordered our food and had them on our table in a timely manner!


I started off with the miso nasu! Deep fried, soft, mushy eggplant topped with a generous amount of umami miso... hmmmm. Had to get rid of some of the miso after a while though; too salty.


The salmon sashimi was really fresh - so fresh we ordered a second serving after finishing it! Another reason why they were so good? Thick cuts.



Tried to be healthy so I went for the salmon and avocado salad. I hate how some place give you the cheap, unwanted salmon cuts that they want to discard with your salad (I'm looking at you, Sushi Zanmai); not the case with Miso, as every cube of salmon here is as fresh as their sashimi. Color me satisfied!


The hubby's tonkatsu pork loin set proved to be so filling he had to share it with me (yay!). Unfortunately though, I found the pork was a little too dry on the inside for my taste. Flavorful, no doubt, and crispy on the outside too as was described, but definitely would have been a lot better if it was more moist.


The sides were faultless though, as was the service. :) Would go back if we ever need a bento fix!

Miso Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. i love their dinner sets here, such good value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're quite value-for-money as compared to other places :)

      Delete
  2. jap jap jap, lotsa jappppp food

    ReplyDelete
  3. love miso - always so fresh and generous portions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Planning to go back again because of it!

      Delete